Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I bought a purple prom dress, but I'm not sure what kind of eye makeup to wear with it. Any suggestions?

I have fair skin, dark brown hair, and green eyes. I like to wear purple eyeshadow because it brings out green eyes, but I don't want my eyeshadow and dress to be too matchy. I want my eyes to stand out, but I'm not sure which colors would complement both them and my dress. I would really appreciate some advice.I bought a purple prom dress, but I'm not sure what kind of eye makeup to wear with it. Any suggestions?
since your dress is purple, most people will be looking at your dress. I wouldn't overdo it and put purple on your eyes. You could go with natural colors. You could accent your eyes with plum eyeliners. Just don't make it too heavy. i had someone do my makeup and i was told that green eyes are mostly brought out with natural colors because they won't be looking at the eye shadow, but at the eyes themselves.I bought a purple prom dress, but I'm not sure what kind of eye makeup to wear with it. Any suggestions?
just keep your make up really simple.





try just mascara and dark purple eyeliner
I agree about the matchy-matchy. I would do a light frosty pink eye with a color like MAC's Digit, it's the softest, most iridescent lilac on your brow bone and the inner corner of your eye. Then use a purple liner like the Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Rockstar. It is my fave liner for green eyes and it is waterproof so it will last the whole prom.





Add lots of black mascara and perhaps a set of half lashes on the outer corners of your eye for more drama. Then a pop of pink bush and a pretty mauve lipgloss and you'll look gorge but not matchy. Have fun!
well what you should do is with he purple dress, wear gold shoes and gold sparkle eyeshadow! the gold sparkle shadow would compliment your green eyes! and the purple dress would go well with the gold shoes!
I know you don't want it to be too matchy but I would put a dark purple plum on my lower lid and soften it with a metallic lavender on the upper lid. It wont be so matchy and you already know that it complements your eyes so just go with it!!
A shimmery silver might be pretty on your eyes, with a plum eyeliner. You could even do an accent shadow color in a deep purple just in the crease of your eyelids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dogs