Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What kind of makeup to wear with purple dress?

For my junior prom (grade 9) I have a short light purple dress and silver shoes. I have dark brown, almost black hair to my shoulders and will probably wear it down and curly or something like that. Here's my question; I have a small head and really small dark eyes so I don't know how to do my makeup for prom. I want them to pop, but I don't know how to go about doing that! I need all the suggestions and ideas I can get! thanks.What kind of makeup to wear with purple dress?
Ok, i hear ya, my friend has the same problem and i helped her.


First off you'll need to put black eyeliner on (either cat eyes or just on top lid)


second, brush a little bit of purpley, lavenderish eyeshadow on top.


third, apply two coats of black mascara


fourth, DONT PUT ANY BLUSH ON, unless you absolutely positivly need to.


ffifth, put on a lightish magenta gloss or a shimmery gold/nude (whichever works better on your skin tone.


Have a great prom!!What kind of makeup to wear with purple dress?
Pop your eyes with some pink eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. Curl your lashes before applying black mascara. Usually to make your eyes appear bigger, you would apply eyeliner + mascara or use a white eye pencil instead of a black eyeliner. Or you could apply on silver eyeshadow. Smile while applying on blush.
If you get TLC, try to catch an episode of What Not to Wear. The makeup woman is really great and explains what she's doing. Even if the girl on the show doesn't look like you, you can get good ideas.





But I would go with natural tones and you can make your eyes pop by putting a lighter color, sparkly shadow just under your brow and in the corners of your eyelid (next to your nose).
brown eyes can't wear alot of eyeliner, I have blue eyes and that's what I do, but it doesn't really work for brown eyes. So the best advice I could give u is to draw some attention to ur lips-


Bright red lip


No eye makeup, if anything only black eyeliner on the top.


No blush, it will make u look sunburnt with the lips.
wear green eyeshadow. If your wearing purple then against it to make it pop wear the opposite color of purple which in this case is yellow or green but, I suggest green. It will help your eyes stand out a lot against purple and your brown eyes and your hair! maybe throw in dark green heels or jewlery to help the green show up. have fun at prom
A really dark plummy purple would be great. Something like MAC Shadowy Lady paired with a either a pinky or a toffee colored gloss. Entice lipglass or Prrr would be great.
smokey eyes lots of heavy eyeliner, peony pink lipstick and light foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dogs