Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Makeup tips: purple prom dress...?

I have dark brown hair that will be in a sort of side ponytail curled and its long. my skin is from olive to fair ish. my dress is ';grape juice'; according to the tag but its a jewel purple to describe it better. what makeup should i use?





i have brown eyes%26gt; so maybe browns/plums to accent that or should i use light metallic golds or champagnes..any help/tips appreciated. come up with any ideas, thanks =]Makeup tips: purple prom dress...?
try a smokey purple. Like purple on the lower lid and maybe a silver as a highlight and then blend them together. Check out my youtube account for more beauty tips cosmeticcrazeMakeup tips: purple prom dress...?
I would do a brown eyeliner. On top of the eyeliner line I would smudge in a plum eyeshadow with an angled brush for a smoky look. But, then I'd do the rest of my eye with champagne or something very neutral so as not to compete with the dress. If your skin is olive/fair I would use an earthy shade of peachy or rosy glossy lips. Very lightly tinted. Make your eyes the pop point. I would play around with different shades BEFORE the prom to find the perfect colors.
Metallic Champagne eyeshadow and black mascara and eyeliner. ooh pretty!


And then nude lips maybe.
The color sounds great. Now you have to play the part and besides its your prom don't dress anything down





Gold eye shadow ';shimmer';


Good mascara


Blush/bronzer


and a plum/grape color lip color/lipgloss





I would go with golds, metallic -





If you don't go for gold on purple/grape you can do silver. silvery eyeshadow, blush or bronzer good mascara and shiny grape toned lip gloss.





Have fun!
What ever it is that you do, fake eye lashes could make your eyelash stand out and be cool ha. But they also can be a pain sometimes.
I had a deep plum dress for my winter formal and a lavander dress for my prom. The make-up I wore for both occasions were complimented by all my peers. I went with purple hues and black eyeliner. Yes many people think that it would clash too much but it really doesn't. Overall in the end its yor choice and your ideas sound great too. Going with the purple hues would work out for you if you choose it.
i would go with brown eyeliner and mascara, and a champaigne color would go good with the dress.....you probably shouldn't go purpley/plum, because it might be too much.....go with a natural/berry color for the lips, and pink for the cheecks....





have fun!!!
Either one is fine. If you have gold accessories i would go for browns and golds. If you have silver accessories i would use silver, or white. I don't think doing more purple would look very good. Try doing your makeup before prom (like days or weeks before) to see if the purple and other colors look right. Then you can decide between the other colors and purple.
dark brown or black eyeliner and mascara


and a lilac color, that will not compete with the dress. or a neatral creamy color.
I think that a dark plum eyeshadow would be nice with maybe lilac accents i really would not go metallic with the browns and plum...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dogs